Erchonia PL5 Low-Level Cold Laser
Used by MLB & NFL teams and Olympic athletes
Used to heal and maintain the health of world-class human athletes for two decades, the PL5 is now being used for the equine athlete to successfully treat:
• Muscle Spasm & Inflammation
• Wound Healing
• Bone Healing – from fractures, both non-surgical and post-surgical
• Post-Surgical Healing – speeds healing time, & decreases chances of infection, decreases scarring
• Physitis – sales yearlings, two-year-olds in training, sales weanlings
• Muscle Atrophy
• EPM & Ataxia – Laser creates energetic “bridge” or connection between neurons (point A to point B) that they cannot do on their own.
Trigger Point Therapy
Myofascial Trigger Point Therapy, also known as “Trigger PointTherapy,” refers to the treatment of myofascial trigger points (MTrP) or
‘trigger points’ (TrP) that are found in muscles and fascia. Myofascial trigger points are painful, tense areas that are found in muscles. MTrPs affect muscles and fascia. The original way is through trigger point release which involves using a squeeze grip or a tool with direct pressure on the trigger point for 30 – 120 seconds. According to research, this can release and soften a nodule; once released, the muscle tissue needs to be moved throughout its full range of motion, which is why it is important to incorporate this technique into the chiropractic treatment protocols.